Wednesday, January 8, 2014

What's New at Khandroling Paper Cooperative




Over the holidays and through our cold snap I've been mostly focused on unpacking since the move to Turners Falls where i am setting up a studio space as I get used to my new routine. My new landlords Andrea and Damein who are now in Guatemala in the Lake Atitlan highlands, have graciously allowed us to set up winter papermaking in the basement and a spot intheir gaage for summer papermaking.

I was heartened to see that Soutgworth, producing high end archival papers for documents. It's large smoke stack with an insignia PBC (I kinf you not) seemed an auspicous beckoning forour own KPC. The insignia  stands for the Keith Smith Company, th e intiil owners fo the paper factory founded. 

So waht's New and Happening?

This Saturday I'll be meetign with Sheryl and Walter to go oever ourplans for the Festschrift we will be making in honor of. Dozne's fo really beuatiful submissions have been sent in from all over the world.   Sheryl graciously committed toteach a master class this summer at Tsegyalgar East for members of the international community who are interesed in developing a pape ooperative. 

Maeline an dI recentyhad dinner decided to host a monthly open studio work art play and exploringdifferent techniques. madeline has aderee in art thapy so we are in good hands to manifest some interesting projects. I personally am not a crafty hands on person , so these kinds play are very useful to get me out of my head. 


No comments:

Post a Comment